The Council normally meets on the 2nd Monday of the month at 7:00pm but please check our published meeting dates.
Meppershall Parish Council sets aside a budget every year for community grants.
Who can apply?
- Only community groups and voluntary organisations operating or based within Meppershall are eligible to make applications for small grants to fund projects that enable residents to take part in the Arts, sport, heritage and community activities, as well as projects that tackle environmental, educational, health and poverty issues in the local community
- Applications from political parties will not be considered
- Applications from individuals will not be considered
- The normal level of grants will be up to £500, however in exceptional circumstances, grants above this level may be considered
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate local community need and support, as well as a clear financial need
- Retrospective grant applications cannot be considered
- No grants will be given to cover general running costs
- Applicants will be expected to report on how grants have been used at the Annual Parish Meeting in May of each year
When should applications be made?
- Ideally, applications should be submitted annually, prior to the end of November for receipt of funds in April the following year
- Ad-hoc grants will be considered throughout the year, at regular Parish Council meetings
Applications for grants must be made on the appropriate official application form (downloadable above), and returned to:
The Parish Clerk
Meppershall Parish Council
C/O 30 Cherry Trees
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org