Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility



The Council normally meets on the 2nd Monday of the month at 7:00pm but please check our published meeting dates.

Planning permission is generally required for any new development, and certain extensions to existing dwellings. The local planning authority Central Bedfordshire Council Planning Department is responsible for control of the planning process, and notifies the Parish Council of all planning applications that affect the Parish of Meppershall.  The Parish Council will be informed of planning applications such as:

  • Advertisement Consent
  • Conservation Area Consent
  • Full Planning Application
  • Listed Building Consent
  • Outline Planning Application
  • Regulation 3 where Central Bedfordshire Council is the Applicant
  • Reserved Matters Planning Application
  • S106 –Modification/Discharge
  • Works to trees in a conservation area
  • Works to trees protected by a Tree Preservation Order
  • Variation of Condition
  • Public Service Infrastructure Development

Meppershall Parish Council is therefore a statutory consultee on planning applications, and it is important to note that the Parish Council is not responsible for determining whether an application is granted or refused. The Parish Council will consider all planning applications during Parish Council meetings, and subsequent to this will resolve to either support, make comments on, or object.

How do I view planning application documents?

Full details of planning applications appear on Central Bedfordshire Council’s website.

You can search their website using a variety of methods, including Parish Name, Address, etc.

How should I respond to planning applications?

Ideally, all responses to a planning application should be submitted directly to Central Bedfordshire Council. A guide on how to submit responses online can be found here.

When considering and writing a response, the below guides provide advice and information on appropriate material considerations. Alternatively, residents can raise comments at Parish Council meetings, during the public session.