Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility



The Council normally meets on the 2nd Monday of the month at 7:00pm but please check our published meeting dates.

Vacancy – Parish Councillor

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that due to the resignation of Lucy Standbridge, a vacancy has arisen in the Office of Councillor for the Parish Council.

If by 22 May 2024 (14 days excluding Dies Non, after the date of this notice) a request for an election to fill said vacancy is made in writing to the Returning Officer at the address below by TEN electors for the said Parish, an election will be held to fill the said vacancy, otherwise the vacancy will be filled by co-option. Please call 0300 300 4049 to make an appointment with the Deputy Returning Officer in order to make an appointment to check the information on the request is correct.

If an election is called, it will take place not later than 25 July 2024.

Official Notice can be found here

If this vacancy is to be filled by co-option please find here link to MPC Co-option Policy and Interest in Co-option Application Form.

Local Elections – 4th May 2023

Parish Council Elections – see results here

On 4th May 2023 there were local elections that included the election of 10 parish councillors who formed Meppershall Parish Council for the next four years.

As there were not more than 10 nominations received no election was held and all nominees were appointed.

Ward Councillor Elections – see results here

On 4th May 2023 there were local elections that included the election of a ward councillor who will represent the villages of Meppershall, Shillington and Gravenhurst.  This new ward is called the Meppershall & Shillington Ward. Previously Meppershall ws part of the Shefford Ward with Shefford.

Are you ready to vote?

The Election Act 2022 has now come into force. The most significant change will be that all electors voting in person will require some form of accepted photographic ID. CBC have updated their website with relevant information:…/electoral…
For those electors who don’t have one of the approved forms of photographic ID they can apply for the free Voter Authority Certificate (VAC) via the government portal. Apply for photo ID to vote (called a ‘Voter Authority Certificate’) at:…